Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
We’re looking for a Senior Copywriter to be the voice of the Daring brand, ensuring our messaging resonates powerfully and consistently across all communications and customer touchpoints. The ideal candidate is nimble and organized, writing clear, concise and clever copy—from tagline to tweet and everything in between. They never run out of passion or ideas. And they’re ready to roll up their sleeves in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and help this challenger brand change the way the world eats for the better.
What you’ll do.
- Write clear, concise and high-engaging content for various media including but not limited to digital, social, packaging, OOH, OLV, POS, SEM, print collateral, sales materials and more
- Partner closely with our visual design and marketing teams to develop compelling brand communications, from ideation through completion
- Interpret creative direction and creative briefs and develop concepts that are on-strategy, aligned with business objectives, and decidedly daring
- Brainstorm and pitch ideas for marketing needs across business lines
- Edit to align with the brand voice and style guide
- Learn from data and insights to strengthen and evolve copy
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy reach across digital, web and social channels
- Collaborate with external partners and vendors
- Provide guidance and mentorship to help grow junior team members
Who you are.
- 5+ years copywriting experience, preferably for CPG brands
- Serious conceptual firepower
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Equally comfortable with short and long form writing
- Ability to direct, lead and critique creative work
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- A healthy non-normal streak
- An outstanding sense of humor
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
How to apply.
Like what you hear? Good! Send us an email and a link to your portfolio with your resume to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.