Regional Sales Manager, Foodservice
Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
Reporting to the Director of Foodservice, the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) Foodservice will lead the development of daring’s foodservice business across the Foodservice Channel for an assigned region. The primary focus will be building the foodservice distribution customer base and development of large regional operators that will expand our broadline distribution presence. The RSM FS will be responsible for meeting sales goals and KPI’s, building customer relationships, developing new business, and leading the sales teams assigned to their region.
We will be hiring for the West, Northwest, South, and Northeast regions of the US.
What you’ll do.
- Directly manage the relationship and business of the top regional and broadline distributors in the assigned region
- Actively identify and pursue top regional chain operators, culinary influencers, and non-commercial accounts in the region
- Support the sales team in the management of all other active distributors in the assigned territory
- Actively pursue new strategic distributor partnerships
- Execute effective new product presentations to key category decision makers to drive new business development
- Execute sales programs and new product introductions for distributor reps to develop new business with strategic operators
- Develop strategic plans and execute against key distributor events (food shows, sales meetings, etc.) that ensure new business and category development
- Execute quarterly business reviews and planning sessions with key distributor leadership, ensuring quarterly and annual priorities and sales goals are achieved
- Actively identify and pursue top regional chain operators and large non-commercial operators
- Partner with DSR’s at strategic distributors to drive new business and expand product availability
- Establish relationships and meeting/communication process and cadence with sales teams in each market
- Provide coaching and product training to sales and broker reps and ensure they are provided with access to sales tools and POS
- Execute effective monthly business reviews with brokers/sales team utilizing reporting that measure KPI’s and ensure that the opportunity pipeline is healthy and that all sales goals are being met
- Utilize CRM tool to create a customer call plan, strong opportunity pipeline, lead follow-up, and track sales activities
- Submit monthly sales plan for market visits, distributor meetings, DSR sales activities and broker meetings to the Director of Foodservice
- Effective utilization of sales tracking and business planning tools to input contracts, trade programs and determine opportunities for improved sales and profit growth
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are.
- 4-5 years of experience in foodservice sales preferred
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience; demonstrated the ability to lead and develop a sales territory and manage a team of brokers and/or a direct sales team
- A strong track record of growing Foodservice business volume
- A growth mindset; you thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented, and ever changing environment
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
How to apply.
Like what you hear? Good! Send us an email and a link to your portfolio with your resume to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.