Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
Daring is seeking a Product Manager to partner with the Director of Product Management to build and champion market-informed product vision that supports daring business strategies.
This position will be based in our Los Angeles, CA office, however, will be remote until our office is fully operational again.
What you’ll do.
- Work with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to proactively monitor competitive product landscape and recommend strategic and tactical actions to deliver and position daring products that meet consumer needs.
- Manage product life-cycle including, new product business case development, product specification identification, commercial strategy and implementation.
- Design and implement processes to assess strategic partnerships and market opportunities that align and support daring business goals.
- Design and manage consumer insights gathering activities to inform new product development and product messaging.
- Understand market trends and competitive landscape in the animal meat and plant-based meat market.
- Present market and product research findings to senior leadership to guide strategic product and business decision making.
- Leverage and partner with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams to identify product improvement opportunities or new innovations that are informed by emerging consumer trends and needs.
- Use data to drive product decisions, defining success metrics and measuring results against them.
- Provide strategic and tactical coordination with Sales, Marketing, Product, Supply Chain, and external partners.
- Provide key input on packaging and pricing decisions for our products, leveraging your knowledge of our customers and our competitor set.
- Support and manage elements of continuous product and packaging improvement initiatives.
Who you are.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated relevant skills and results in consumer packaged goods or closely related field.
- Strong project leadership experience with ability to manage cross-functional teams and multiple projects.
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle and key phases.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to successfully navigate a dynamic and fast paced start-up environment.
- Detail oriented with the ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to work with and build effective relationships with Sales, Finance, R&D, Supply-Chain, co-packers, suppliers, and customers.
- Experience in grocery, foodservice, and ingredient channels a plus.
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
How to apply.
Like what you hear? Good! Send us an email and a link to your portfolio with your resume to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.