Product Development Associate
Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
Daring is seeking a Product Development Associate to help support the development of new products by defining product specifications and managing the development process.
This position will be based in our Los Angeles, CA office, however, will be remote until our office is fully operational again.
What you’ll do.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify business requirements, outline product specifications, and determine feasibility of new products or product modifications.
- Manage new product development and continuous improvement technical work plans and timelines while working closely with internal cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Procure and evaluate competitive benchmarks and present findings to cross functional stakeholders.
- Design and execute consumer studies to inform product attributes, claims, and market fit.
- Complete new material and new market regulatory and nutrition reviews.
- Interpret customer and consumer feedback and translate into actionable product improvement or new product offerings.
- Coordinate quality testing with third party labs, analyze data, and present
- Coordinate samples, collection of feedback, and implementation of feedback in the development process.
- Identify and create product education tools (cooking guidelines, FAQ, etc.) and best practices to support Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience initiatives.
Who you are.
- 2-5+ years of experience in food product development or commercialization.
- BS in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or related field.
- A passion for creating new products that taste delicious and are helping to change the world.
- Self starter with the ability to thrive in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- A data-driven mindset with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Experience with designing and conducting sensory testing a plus.
- Familiarity with stage gate processes applied to product development a plus.
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
How to apply.
Like what you hear? Good! Send us an email and a link to your portfolio with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.