National Account Manager, Foodservice
Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
Reporting to the Director of Foodservice, the National Account Manager (NAM) Foodservice will lead the development of daring’s foodservice chain account business. The primary focus will be rapidly selling into new national account prospects and to manage the sales process internally. The NAM will be responsible for meeting sales goals and KPI’s, building customer relationships, and developing new business.
What you’ll do.
- Quickly pursue, develop and close new key national account sales
- Have a deep understanding of chain operators’, their distribution network, and the challenges they face
- Build relationships with key decision makers including Procurement, R&D, Culinary, Marketing, and Operations
- Manage internal work flows to develop and deliver insight driven solutions to drive sales at key accounts
- Be responsible for achieving annual sales targets
- Execute effective new product presentations to key decision makers to drive new business development
- Develop strategic account plans and execute against key initiatives, promotions, LTO’s, etc
- Execute quarterly business reviews and planning sessions with key accounts, ensuring quarterly and annual priorities and sales goals are achieved
- Execute effective internal monthly business reviews utilizing reporting that measures KPI’s and ensures that the opportunity pipeline is healthy and that all sales goals are being met
- Utilize CRM tool to create a customer call plan, strong opportunity pipeline, lead follow-up, and track sales activities
- Submit monthly sales plan for market visits, meetings, and sales activities to the Director of Foodservice
- Effective utilization of sales tracking and business planning tools to input contracts, trade programs and determine opportunities for improved sales and profit growth
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are.
- 5-7 years of National Account Sales experience in foodservice
- Experience in complex sales environments
- A strong track record of growing Foodservice business volume
- Strong analytical skills for sales planning, determining ROI, and developing data-driven strategies
- A growth mindset; you thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented, and ever changing environment
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
How to apply.
Like what you hear? Good! Send us an email and a link to your portfolio with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.