Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
Daring is seeking a Financial Controller to drive strategic business insights that lead to maximizing top-line opportunities and optimizing down-side risks and costs. Your goal will be to lead the development and management of daring’s Finance function, which includes the processes and tools needed to support it, while proactively coordinating across other business functions. Success for this position ensures accurate and timely financial reporting, strategic business insights through operational metrics and dashboarding, and a streamlined execution of Financial Operations.
What you’ll do.
- Serve as a hands-on, strategic Finance business partner for team leads, to understand the business operations and accurately translate them into financial reporting
- Draft, publish and enforce Accounting and Internal Control policies
- Publish a regular cadence of KPI dashboards to inform the company’s progress against revenue, operational and efficiency goals
- Leverage leading software tools to efficiently and accurately execute financial operations
- Conduct Inventory, revenue and other reconciliations, to ensure accurate reporting
- Oversee our outsourced accounting firm for monthly financial statement reporting and compliance with Federal, State and Local reporting requirements, and the primary point of contact
- Develop departmental budgets and track actual vs. budget results and conduct variance analyses
- Ensure compliance with any debt covenants and reporting requirements
- Lead 409a valuations, as needed
- Lead independent auditor of financial reporting, as needed
- Support reporting to investors and the Company’s Board of Directors
Who you are.
- Minimum 7 years in financial reporting and operations roles, preferably at organizations that have experienced rapid growth
- Experience with Finance Operations related areas:
- Inventory management and tracking
- Proactive management of and timely execution of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processing
- Processing of Payroll and Equity Award Grants
- Experience with Netsuite for maintaining the GL
- Experience in a food manufacturing startup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, delivered proactively
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
How to apply.
Like what you hear? Good! Send us an email and a link to your portfolio with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.