Director of People & Culture
Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
Daring is seeking a Director of People & Culture to drive the strategic hands on approach to helping team leaders develop, organize and manage their teams. Your goal will be to lead the development and management of daring’s People program, which includes the processes and tools needed to support it. Success for this position ensures positive individual/team performances, team collaboration and engagement and strengthens our culture and community.
What you’ll do.
- Serve as a strategic HR business partner for team leads, working closely with them to understand and provide HR related guidance, input and advice
- Work with leadership team to develop daring’s People program based on our values, which will also include diversity and inclusion programs
- Develop daring’s onboarding process and materials for new team members
- Support team leads during the recruitment and onboarding of new team members
- Drive consistency and compliance in addressing employee related matters
- Implement processes that ensures there’s a strong focus on employee development and retention
- Develop plans for continuous employee growth through a Learning & Development program
- Work closely with team leads during career development conversations and helping to advise on career goals
- Recommend ongoing HR ideas and best practices on an as-needed basis to stay aligned with business needs
Who you are.
- 7-10 years of experience across human resources functions, including being in a leadership role
- Experience with HR related areas
- Team structure
- Talent and performance management
- US employment laws
- Has built and scaled performance management strategies, including a strong track record of implementing talent review programs, processes and tools
- Developed strategies and programs that have set the foundation for an organization’s culture
- Experience with Learning & Development programs within an organization
- Experience supporting Diversity & Inclusion programming or initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
How to apply.
Like what you hear? Good! Send us an email and a link to your portfolio with your resume to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.